Ordering Circuit Boards from barebonespcb.com
Anyone can take the photoplot (gerber) files generated from the OpenSprints CAD source files to basically any PCB production company (a.k.a. fab house) and order PCBs.
You will have to place two separate orders. Visit barebonespcb.com upload each zip file separately, clearing browser cache in between each order.
After uploading each zip file, you will need to fill out the following Design File Information (below) and get out your credit card.
- One complete set of boards will cost ~$150 ordering by yourself, ordering a circuit board kits from OpenSprints is your cheapest options. Otherwise continue with these instructions.
- Download the most latest circuit boards design files from the barebones archives:
Design File Information for Roller Sensor Board
Filename: roller_sensor-Copper.pho; File Contents: Bottom Copper
Filename: roller_sensor-Edges_Pcb.pho; File Contents: Drawing/Other
Filename: roller_sensor.drl; File Contents: NC Drill
Filename: roller_sensor-Component.pho; File Contents: Top Copper
Design File Information for Interface Board
Filename: interface_board-Edges_Pcb.pho; File Contents: Drawing/Other
Filename: interface_board-Copper.pho; File Contents: Bottom Copper
Filename: interface_board-Component.pho; File Contents: Top Copper
Filename: interface_board.drl; File Contents: NC Drill
Issues with the barebonespcb.com website:
- Don't bother trying to do a cost calculation using a decimal value, it complain that ''Y_Dimension must be a numeric value''. Just start placing the order instead.
- After ordering one set of PCBs, It is recommended that you delete your browser's cache before going back to the barebonespcb.com website to order another set of boards.
- Also, gEDA/pcb generates separate gerber files for unplated and plated drill holes. The barebones service is not able to make unplated holes and barebonespcb.com only allow submission of one drill file. That problem has been corrected in the Makefile by "plating" any unplated holes before generating the barebones zip archive.